Even the most experienced managers from time to time experience difficulties associated with managing the behaviors and performance of the so-called “difficult” or “problem” employees.
In most such cases, problems at work are due to some personal difficulties. These difficulties may occur at work in the form of repeated violations:
- Absenteeism (frequent absence from work with or without reason)
- Violation of terms of work
- Conflicts with colleagues and management
- Accidents and injuries
- And much more
What could be behind such changes in employee behavior?
It may be:
- Difficulties in the relationship with a partner or child
- Illness of a close family member
- Depression and other emotional disorders
- Legal or financial problems
- Abuse of alcohol/drugs
Due to the fact that, in such situations, disciplinary measures alone do not lead to the resolution of problems, such workers have to be laid off, resulting in increased turnover.
Managers and supervisors do not have the proper training or the time to understand the personal problems of their employees, which in this case can affect the performance of the assigned work.
Consultations for Managers and Executives:
Corporate Health offers consultations to managers and HR departments, who may call the employee service to discuss any difficult employee situation. The purpose of each consultation is to find the most effective course of action in cases where managers have to deal with the problem employee to resolve a negative situation in a respectful and fair manner.
The consultant will help pinpoint the problem behaviors that need to be corrected and will discuss how best to confront the employee and help create a plan of action, which may include directing the employee to EAP.
Corporate Health also offers guidance to the company’s HR personnel to develop a course of action regarding the organizational changes or specific types of behavior. For example:
- Improve policies on substance abuse in the workplace
- Assess the level of stress at work
- Develop a plan for the prevention of cruelty and aggression
- Develop a plan to reduce smoking among employees
- Developing Programs to reduce smoking in the workplace
- and more
Our consultants are trained to provide effective assistance in solving various work-related issues. The managers’ sole responsibility is to refer the problem employees to our service. Our service does not interfere with the responsibilities of the managers and allows them to better job performance.
We are ready to conduct trainings for managers on the referral of employees to the assistance program that can help:
- Determine the criteria required for making a referral
- Assess the role of documenting violations
- Managers in learning the skills of confrontation using documented violations
- See the possibility of effective employee assistance under the terms of confidentiality and discretion
By using our services, you will be able to:
- Avoid conducting long conversations with employees that distract you from your main responsibilities
- Focus on work-related issues, instead of dealing with personal problems that cause them
- Improve workplace safety
- Be more efficient in your work
- Retain valuable workers
- Gain the respect of employees and demonstrate high professional competence
- Increase trust in your subordinates
Our services are confidential and you can refer to them as often as you need it.
YOUR PRODUCTIVITY WILL RISE AND COMPANY MANAGEMENT WILL APPRECIATE YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS!